Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

12.22.2003

webradio - radioiorock (not a typo)
HOME



ahhh...after the shittiest flight i've ever been on, i'm finally home. the 15 hour gruelling 2-stop flight wouldn't have been so bad if on the second leg, indianapolis - san fran, a high school girl's hockey team hadn't gotten on the plane. good god they were irritating. i hate teenagers SO MUCH. the girl next to me especially....she was one of those people who have NO sense of personal space. i'm not one to really care much if someone accidentally bumps me or something when trying to grab their bag or wrestle their tiny little airplane pillow...i mean yeah, the seat's small. but this girl REPEATEDLY elbowed me in my sleep (waking me up at least four times) so she could get in the best position to doodle on her goddamn hand or arrange or stuffed animals on her pillow. not to mention the goddamn santa hat she had with mickey ears (they'd come from disney world i heard) that she'd stick in my face or chest anytime she reached down to get something from her ENORMOUS carryone that couldn't fit under the seat which, in turn, had her kicking me as well.

jesus christ. i wanted to slap her.

and all three landings had me laughing. for some reason 'airplane crashes' never bothered me much...so i jsut laughed 'cause all three were the WORST landings i'd ever been in. one of them we were definitely leaning over on one wheel...bah. whatever

came home and went straight to zippy's : ) it's this 24/7 fast food/diner type place with plate lunch. ahhh....sooooo good. my brother came to pick me up 'cause everyone else was dead. we had a nice talk :) i saw a lot of him at the beginning of the year when he was still at princeton (he's in newport, cali now) and he came one weekend on business, but it was still really nice to see him :)

and i'm actually kinda tired (it's 2am here...i'll change the timezone eventually...) so it' looks like i may not be horribly jetlagged. in order to get a car in this house we have to drop one of our parents off at work so i may be getting up before 7am to drop off dad and me and lewis'll go surfing. i think my sister's still dead, hah.


and i'm sitting here in my shorts with a beer. god i love it here.


alohas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home