Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

1.30.2003

read a good away message:

Auto response from absolut 2 7 0 (12:09:39 PM): don't you feel a little silly checking everybody's away messages?????

i laughed

then i cried.

well i didn't really cry, but it is kind of disheartening how often i go through my list and read peoples' away messages. i love getting emails. i love getting phone messages. i love getting IM messages; and i even love when a new away message comes up. good lord.

at least they're people i talk to though. for a long time i'd just keep every screename i knew so i could check up on people's lives even when we didn't talk to much, but i decided that was pretty useless so every month or so i do a little 'house cleaning' and delete all the names of people i don't talk to (or don't talk to me) at all. yeah, kinda sad, but hey, outa sight outa mind, right? of course within a day of me deleting some person's screename, he/she inevitably IM's me when i'm gone and sees that they don't get my away message and scold me for taking them off my buddylist. i can't win.

talk to me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home