Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

2.23.2004

fenix tx - ordinary world (cover)
virus'



new virus goin' around called 'mydoom.f' which does everything that winmg.exe virus i wrote about earlier did, but ALSO shuts down the fuckin' task manager! they're getting better *cringes*. i haven't encountered it myself and don't know if my safe mode fix will work on this one as well, but someone in security said go to http://www.sysinternals.com and get their process explorer which apparently allows you to end the ugly processes and then you can update virus defs and whatnot. fun shit.

in other news, visiting netstat, my blog came up as the fifth or sixth google hit for 'winmg.exe'....interesting. austin once warned me to, "watch out, you're in danger of learning something." when i was talkin to him about some ticket. since i started working for acis junior year...i always felt like i knew jack shit but could still do the job because there are only so many things i have to know how to do *shrugs*. somehow, though, my boss really ended up liking me and giving me lotsa work and then this year...the busted computers are always virus'....wheras before most of the tickets i got were a simple release/renew on the IP or a busted jack....i think i got ONE virus ticket last semester and i was just told to reformat the drive *shrugs*....but now i'm getting really interested in these bastards. what gets me (i was talking to my bro about this) is that this isn't like...a natural disaster or anything. for every one of these virus', some jackass at MIT bored out of his mind and too chaffed to jack off anymore decided to piss off a few thousand people by fucking with their computers. i'm pretty sure they should all be shot.

but hey, makes for interesting work...PAID work. i really do love getting paid to let a virus scan run....

too bad i'll probably never use anything i learn once i graduate...*sigh*



boing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home