Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

2.25.2004

fenix tx - ordinary world
tools



so, bored out of my mind and with nobody else to do anything with, i decided to play some guitar. as it was 1am, i ddin't wanna make any noise so i make this little mess of chords with my stereo, a broken 4-track (the mixer still works but the tape's dead...christian gave it to me), liu's amp, a pair of headphones and my guitar. basically the point is to mix my stereo w/ the guitar from the amp so i can play with music...quietly.

either way....it doesn't work. so i try everything out, turns out one of the phono cables is busted....so i pull out the soldering iron i bought for things like this. i had to go rummage to find a third phono chord as well...then i had to find the power source for the mixer...*shakes head* madness. so i finally get it working, but my guitar keeps clicking in and out. turns out the plug in my guitar is loose. so i go find a wrench, a pair of pliers, and a screwdriver to fix that....and it turns out the nut was cross-threaded for pretty mcuh the life of guitar....oh well. so i fix that...get a shard of steel from the stripped nut stuck in my thumb (which still hurts)....and now it's nice and tight :)

i'm so glad i have tools around....and i'm really glad i'm playing again. it's a lotta fun :) 2 hours of free entertainment and more insomnia. fuckin' a (i can't sleep after i play guitar...go figure).


fuzz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home