Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

5.24.2004

spectacular monday

my dad left this morning, and my sis had to go to work...and i realized that the only thing there is to do during the day in nyc is shop (it's raining). so i told my mom she was on her own 'cause i had an important appointment with cable tv :)

still hasn't quite sunken in that i don't have to go back to school...i kind of think it never will. my mom's quite a drama queen and always expects me to start jumping up and down or something every time she asks me how it feels to be done (she asks me OFTEN). but i just shrug. yeah i won't have to go back to school. but it's not like my life's over. i'm just movin' on to something else. a new set of responsibilities, worries...hell, maybe even more. sure, it's exciting when i think about it...but i haven't felt any great sense of RELEASE yet. maybe once i get my feet back on the ground...or in the water, heh heh.

lots else has been on my mind as well. for one thing...i'm gonna have to figure out an entirely new device to meet new people. i mean, school is school. sports, music, art...i've always met people through school groups (band, ceramics, ultimate...) but now i won't have that. seeing how hawaii works, i'll probably be workin' with a buncha' old guys wondering who this newbie is. surfing is a relatively solitary sport once your out in the water. friendly, yes, but solitary (unless you bring friends). ultimate? i was always one'a the youngest out there playing, but they're fun people, maybe i'll start hangin' out with them off the field?

oh, and yeah, i'll be living with my mother :) you thought i got no ass in college with a single bedroom? heh, can you divide zero?


fun.

but exciting, still :)



peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home