Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

6.30.2004

here we go

soooo. it begins. first day of work! yay.

did some last minute paperwork...and i'm gonna start reading this book they gave me soon called "the oz principle-getting results through individual and organizational accountability" by roger connors, tom smith and craig hickman. supposed to be some kind of business philosophy. iiinteresting. i get 4 hours pay to read it...

i'm really curious how i'll take walking into a job i'm in no way trained for. reading the job description...they usually only hire civil/structural engineers and architects. i think there's one other EE dude there, and he has his masters degree and he's a project manager...really makes me wonder how this company feels about having me 'placed' with them. either way, i'll do my best. who knows, maybe i'll find a knack in building shit. granted the project i'm working on is telecom (laying of fiber optics)...i imagine they'll just have me do a lotta math...possibly a lotta checking of math...both of which i can do.

more tomorrow.

spent a chunk of today workin' on my baby. what was supposed to be a 10 minute fuse check turned into a 4 hour empty-out-the-toolbox job. well, jobS. gettin' under the dashboard i just found a bunch of other things to fix...and decided to do 'em. read camaro blog for more details (unnecessary).

adios. cover me.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home