Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

11.26.2004

goddamn i love turkey

yes, yes i do. we have this thing called a kamado in our backyard. no, it's not a dragon...although i'm not sure how to spell it (that's phonetic) correctly. japanese *shrugs*. either way, it's basically a grill, but it's made out of maybe...2-1/2 inch thick ceramic and built to allow much better air circulation than a normal grill. because you can control the air so well and the ceramic traps heat better than thin metal, you have lots of options to cook with :)

one of which being SMOKIN'. so every year my dad starts at like six in the morning or some ridiculous hour and proceeds to smoke the turkey all day. words can't begin to describe :) 23 pounds, $7.99. i don't get it. oh well, i'll eat it instead.

on another note, i picked a fight with wana (sea urchin) yesterday and lost miserably. i counted 19 holes in my foot...a few with spines broken off deep in the ball of my foot and the crook of my big toe. i was late for dinner 'cause i had to sit in the parking lot and tear my foot apart with a needle and tweezers...with little success. this morning it's all swollen...but looks clean. i think it's just the poison...and the fact that i probably have little spines broken off in my foot. FUN. did some reading..i should live :) well i already knew that but it's really uncomfortable...according to the reading, though, not much i can do but wait and see if it heals or gets infected...fun. don't think i'm playin' ultimate tomorrow morning...funny how what seems like a small injury can keep me from doing something like ultimate (which has the potential to hurt me a lot more, haha).


..the sun needs to come up before i go to work 'cause i have to take some pictures of an intersection so one'a my coworkers can draft some traffic control. interesting job i have, no?


*yawn*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home