Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

1.24.2006

ultimate!

oh, i forgot to mention...played ultimate today (pickup) for the first time since...november i think. i don't think i mentioned it but i fucked up my knee...third knee. first time was december 2004...i laid out high for a d and came down with all my weight on my bent knee before i sprawled out...i think what it did was kick my shin backwards from my knee and strained my PCL, the ligament that's supposed to hold it there. that was excrutiating...so of course i played two more games.

rested it for two and a half months and walked into a 3 day tournament (kaimana klassic) without having run in those 2.5 months...and it held up. THEN...for whatever reason my OTHER knee (right) started hurting...from what i could find on webMD (which is where my last diagnosis came from...i haven't had medical insurance in a long time) it was meniscus. stayed off it and braced it and played lightly for a while and it seems fine.

THEN, this past november '05, no trauma but my left knee started hurting again. this time right under the kneecap, which was really odd. someone suggested that it might be trapped fluid 'cause it only happens after playing about 2/3rds of a game. later the pain wandered to the side and i suspected meniscus again. so i stopped playing (i'm showing lots of restraint these days) and when i went on my trip...my back started hurting something AWFUL. sitting for a long time makes my back feel like shit...so airplanes and sleeping in odd planes (and not sleeping well at all) fucked it up royally. it got to the point where bending over the sink to spit my toothpaste in the sink required an elbow on the sink for support. putting on my boxers became a balancing act...really weird. even when the fucker was broken i was more mobile than that...but it felt like something was tight and/or rubbing. not like a fracture like before. soooooo that, coupled with my knee, i dropped off my kaimana team a few weeks ago saying i should rest it.

buuttt...today...i felt restless (and depressed) so i decided to go run around and play pickup. so i went and played rested only one point in an hour or so....and my knee's 100%, my back feels better AFTER playing, and i'm fucking out of shape.

more tests on thursday...


crack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home