Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

11.07.2005

prep2

i'd forgotten to mention that i was supposed to have taken the GRE about 2 weeks ago. at least that's the amount of time i'd asked the graduate chair for to prepare for it. he responded with "that's fine, just get me your scores when you have them." i took that to mean, "yeah, whatever." is that wrong? haha. they still don't seem to care.

either way, i got one'a those dandy GRE prep books from the princeton review complete with CD and online capabilities...started on the "4 week study program" and promptly gave up after a week and a half when i started my first set of vocab words. and let it sit for two more weeks after that :) of course, in my weak attempt to study i proceeed to put my dandy prep book in my bag everytime i went somewhere i might have some downtime to study.

what did that accomplish? nothing.

in fact, less than nothing. at some point in my travels, i seem to have smashed the CD. it's still in one piece...but cracked completely through from edge to center along one line. interseting how that happened...but the point is it doesn't work. i taped it together and tried it anyway and it froze my computer a bit...haha. at least there was an online test i could take. and they said i could take it multiple times because being a "computer adaptive test" it should change. sooo i just sat down (it's 11pm) to practice second round and the first three questions are the same. so i'm giving up, haha. i'll take some of the written questions tomorrow morning and in i go.

wish me luck.


good intentions

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home