Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

4.05.2003


ahh, nice and clean. my cleats are absolutely disgusting right about now...of course they're still in the same plastic bag i left 'em in. hell this morning was the first time i'd taken them out of said bag since spring break....there was some fine white fuzziness in some places : ) mmm....chia cleat.

i'd like to apologize to all the ultimators who had to wait for my late ass this morning :( so sorry. but here's the story:

i worked all day friday (still my summer internship) from 9-5:30, came back and almost immediately started on my MATLAB, due at midnight which wasn't finished before because eric (my partner) doesn't know how to use matlab and we couldn't finish it before...bleah. so i worked from about 7-12:30 on that crap and was in dire need of some alcohol. luckily i was already planning on going to a 3-floor watt party of a few old friends of mine. it was really cool, i had a good time. the three rooms were heaven, purgatory, and hell; decorated visually and sonically as such. it was pretty cool. i really did just start drinking as fast as i could though. i rarely do that, but i was planning on getting plastered and passing out around two, and waking up for ultimate at 5:45am. instead, as i usually do, i found it more interesting to close the party....d'oh. what can i say. i like the ends of parties.

so yeah, two am turned into four thirty am, and sleep turned into a lumberjack at Tom's. mmm....so good. i even had a cup of coffee because i wasn't planning on sleeping. i get home, post something i thought was cool : ) and somehow end up lying down in bed. now, i'd already set my alarm BEFORE i went out...so that wasn't a problem. at one point duke walked in 'cause my alarm clock was going off, heh heh. i musta' told him something to the effect of 'i'm getting up' and he let me be...at which point i passed out again (i just remember a flash of seeing him at the door). next thing i remember is popping out of bed, looking at my computer clock and it says 6:48am...i start running around getting everything ready, run out the door to brush my teeth and my phone rings, i run back in, it's duke telling me to get my ass there, and so i run, brush, run, grab, run, bus (for a 6:30 meeting time). i suck.

*sigh* and of course now i'm contemplating what to do to waste some time : ) i never did finish freddy's revenge : ) maybe i'll do that. with a beer.

hey, there's talk of a pic party this coming friday, i'm down. comments? hosts/venue/ideas/performers/arrangers?

talk to me

but you're jess!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home