Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

11.20.2003



diggin'


music: jack johnoson - traffic in the sky
volume: 8


so i got my account unlocked finally...so i promptly ceased any and all attempts to do my project. i love my life :) we made pasta and put on shrek...and i fell asleep in the middle of it only to be woken up by a knock on the door and the DVD menu of that donkey going "pick me! pick me! pick me!" over and over digging it's way into my disjointed dreams.....weird. i don't really remember the dreams, either.

so then i sat down to figure out wtf i should do tonight. sleep now, work tomorrow. work now, work tomorrow. work now, sleep now....wait that one didn't come up. either way, my stereo went and whigged out (sp?) and i recognized the sound....it's the sound my stereo makes from interference from my cell phone when i either have a call or it's checking for messages periodically. my cell was on silent on the side of my desk...it was drew. he's gonna be in the area. we're gonna go get a drink :) so much for work tonight. ideally i'd like to get lotsa sleep and go to mudd 251 for the 9am-6pm schedule they're open tomorrow :) insane. but it can be done. i'll just tell myself it's like a workday (of course allowing for the possibility that i might have to go back on saturday...sunday? fuck.) the thing about projects like this is it either WORKS or it DOESN'T. not like a paper or a pset where your grade will depend on how much effort you really put into it....like..you can decide. on these things...i get to find out how much i SUCK! woohoo! i mean sure i could slack off and get shit and know i might really suck....OR i could spend 24 hours on it in two days and find out, without a doubt, how much i suck. i don't think i suck, though :) after doing half my circuit and verifying it on paper, i'm pretty confident i can do this.

i'm actually going to make it harder on myself and use a different amplifier configuration (cascode vs. common-collector/common-emitter) because i'm a cocky bastard and i do weird shit like this. it makes some logical sense, but i'm kind of forcing myself to be flexible. i could just use the same amp in the second stage and probably be done a lot faster, but this is more fun!

muahaha




*picks up ball*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home