Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

3.01.2004

jack johnson
thunk



i don't think i've ever gotten so beaten and battered at a tournament before....my back's been getting better so i was playing a lot harder than i usually do...laying out for more and whatnot. my legs were on FIRE when i took a shower 'cause they were all scraped up. i slammed my head on the ground on one high layout d (i missed) in the endzone...got kneed in the head after pulling down a pass to me....that was one of those mind-numbing *thunks* that seems to resonate through your entire body...folllowed by a headache and a ringing in my ears (i got it right in the temple)...and the worst one was when i tried to layout around a guy to d a disc....and charlie horsed myself just about as hard as i humanly could on this guys ass. with the soft part of my thigh in his ass, i put him on the ground....stupid me finishes out the point, too. that was by far the worst one 'cause it didn't go away...i played the last...maybe four or five games across two days with this disgusting pain in my thigh. i'm pretty sure i bruised the muscle 'cause there's nothing visible on my skin.

spectacular weekend, though would've liked to beat umass (10-13), but we played well. not a whole lot more we could've done, and not a whole lot more i could've done myself. i was happy with my playing. i haven't been able to play that hard in a long, long time. and i don't actually feel all that bad today, either! thigh still hurts, my back's a LITTLE tender, but not bad at all, and my muscles feel pretty loose. yay warm weather :)

and a good sold 8 hours of sleep feels just fine.


bouncey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home