Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

4.13.2004

some album called 'trance addiciton'

hello nurse


so i was helpin' christian test the 'ask hello nurse' addition to their band website (linked at left) and i submitted the following question, and got the following answer from joe, the bassist. needless to say, it brightened a shitty day :)

hilarious:

********************************

> Question: how do you rock so hard?

A stew in not great because of any single ingredient. Remove any one cog
from your watch and it stops working. In the same respect, I cannot point to
a single aspect of Hello Nurse that makes us rock so hard: Hello Nurse is a
gestalt experience.

Perhaps you think that my answer is contrived and obtuse. If that's what you
think, then you're right. If you were to twist my arm for a straight answer,
I'd have to say that I AM THE SOLE REASON HELLO NURSE ROCKS SO HARD!

Some people think that pop-music is led by vocals, driven by guitar and
rocks to the drumbeat. They think that the bassplayer can be just any yokel
who has mastered bipedal movement freeing up his or her arms to play the
instrument.

Those people are dead wrong! These are the same people who call my "bass" a
"guitar" and unwittingly belittle my instrument. Man I hate those people! I
would like to refer them to Adam Clayton of U2, or Noel Redding of the Jimi
Hendrix Experience, or Anthony What's-His-Face from Van Halen - OKAY -
admittedly those guys are all bad examples... hmm. Now that I think of it
the only famous bassplayers in 50 years of rocking are Paul McCartney and
Flea and that lady from The Pixies who later did that other thing.

There's no glory in playing bass. I'm playing the wrong instrument. Well
that tears it, you've convinced me. I'm quitting playing bass and I'm
quitting Hello Nurse. Those guys are holding me back from the accolades I
deserve. Thanks to you I know I'm walking the wrong path in life. I'm going
to tell Mike, Ed and Christian that they are glory hogs!

Seriously, all kidding aside, bassplayers are the unsung heroes of any pop
band, and in Hello Nurse, the bassplayer is THE reason the band rocks so
hard.

I hope that answers your question.

Joe Crespo
Hello Nurse: Bassplayer
http://hellonurse.com/


***********************************




techno and tea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home