Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

8.13.2004

aloha friday

man, this week was kinda slow. i'm pretty sure i'm about done with fieldwork, so i'm in the office all the time now, "drawing the world" as one of my coworkers put it. interesting, still, but i would seriously go crazy if that's all i did for the rest of my life. but, as long as i'm learning, i'm game.

learned something interesting (blogged in more detail in her blog) today...because i have bigass wheels on my rearend....my speedometer and odometer all slow (they get their readings from the transmission). so i'm getting better mileage than i thought i was AND driving faster than i think i am.

yay!

which means that one time i was going 60 mph in SECOND gear....i was going even faster...oops. was fun, though ;)

this little cough isn't goin' away...but i don't give a shit. i'm gonna go to summer league early to meet a friend and get drunk and heckle the first game....we don't have much to lose...so we're just gonna have as much fun as we can. i like heckling. i like being drunk. i like ultimate. score. aight, gotta pay some bills *sigh*

it's aloha friday
no work 'till monday

oh, btw, i made a playlist called 'angry chicks' that i can pretty much listen to ALL DAY LONG and not get bored of...it really scares me when that happens:

TATU-30 minutes
evanescence-everybody's fool
e-bring me to life
e-going under
e-lies
e-taking over
e-haunted
e-whisper
TATU-how soon is now (cover)
cardigans-my favorite game
cranberries-zombie
garbage-androgyny
garbage-shut your mouth
veruca salt-awesome
vs-born entertainer
vs-don't make me prove it
vs-leave me lying here
vs-one last time
vs-shutterbug
vs-loneliness is worse
breeders-cannonball
snake river conspiracy-lovesong (cure cover)
TATU-30 minutes (english)


i can just feel most of you cringing :) i dunno what it is about me, but i always felt like a woman's voice belongs in music much more than a man's voice....especially when she's pissed :)

and TATU..yeah...two russian lesbians...sad, i know. but that song is just fuckin' addictive. both of 'em.

i'll see how long i can go listening exclusively to this playlist (it's on a cd...so i listen to it driving and working as well....then come home and sleep to it....).

"a girl grinnin' at me/she's doin' the shimmy"



adios.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home