Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

12.26.2004

quiver

so prior to about...three weeks ago....i owned two boards. my baby (6'1" that i got new from my brother for christmas/b'day last year) and my bigger wave/my-baby-is-busted board (6'3" that i got from my friend's closet) that's a piece of shit but it's a bit bigger and it still floats.

since then, i've "borrowed" a board from a friend that i was possibly going to buy (6'3" snapped/repaired board) but i'm not. unfortunately i never got it back to him before he went back home for the holidays.

Borrowed my other friend's 6'3" that's his daily rider. he went home to puerto rico for the holidays and knew i was interested in trying other boards. haven't taken it out yet 'cause my knee is suckin'. i might go out tomorrow.

count so far (in my garage): 4

yesterday a neighbor down the street had a pile'a shit on his curb...including a long board that felt like a nine foot ROCK and a 6'6" with a busted nose and a few other dings and divots. we (mom) took 'em both. my christmas present to my mom was a longboard. i didnt' buy one...'cause i wanted to bring her to some surf shops and have them talk to her about longboards 'cause i don't know anything about longboards (i'm a shortboarder) except how to tease 'em (lazy). it's probably too heavy for her to use but it might be fun to take it out. count: 5, 6

THEN today we went over to my friends' mom's place 'cause she's sellin' her house and dumpin' a butload'a stuff. found a gerry lopez fish and another fish under the house (fishes are "hybrid" or "fun shapes" that are somewhere inbetween a longboard and a shortboard...possibly good for my sister). so...yeah...had my racks in the trunk in case i found a longboard for my mom...so i strapped these two on and took 'em home.

final count: 8 boards.

but two aren't mine.

i'm gonna build some surf racks. be a good first welding project?

i'm gonna take a pic of 'em all laid out sometime. i think it's just kinda funny.


jk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home