Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

12.05.2004

torn

so somehow i ripped all the fuckin' skin off my body this weekend...friday ultimate, saturday ultimate, sunday surf, and of course, raimi. so both knees are scratched at least twice...my thigh (don't know how), my ribs (layout!), my hand....that's kind of an intersting one. i think this has only developed in the past couple months...but for you ultimate players, some of you remember how i would occasionally get into the mood to attempt to catch a disc by ATTACKING it and nearly breaking my hand...i think i catch better that way sometimes and when i REALLY want a disc i just try and rip it out fo the fucking air...

yeah so when i miss..i just end up clawing my own fucking hand. so both my left and right hands have little nail marks that hurt like a bitch. that and i dragged my hand on the underside of my back dash (through the trunk) looking for something in the dark. i gotta put a light back there. so my hands are fucked up, too. forearm, too...from layin' out? probably.

so yeah, showers are painful. surfing is painful. but i suppose i have to do both :)

got $100 bucks from a craftfair my mom did. i probably made these pots 4 years ago, but i sold a platter ($80) and a vase ($20). *shrugs*. sweet. i bought a surfboard from a friend with it. i have the board, but i haven't paid him. he let me try out it out first, and i like it so i'm gonna take it. i need a slightly bigger board for three things. really small waves, really big waves, and choppy waves (windy). sounds kind of counterintuitive (small/big) but for small waves, you need a little more board under you to get you out of flat sections (where the wave's not pushing you) because you're going slower. when there's enough power, a small board is fine because there's more wave to push you, and to push you faster. when you go too slow on shortboards, you just sink :) for bigger waves, you just need a little more stability. especially when it's a little choppy...sometimes i'll take off on big waves on my shortboard (6'1") and just the chop in the water will bounce me off my fuckin' board. today was big AND choppy, and the bigger board (6'4" and a little thicker) definitely made the chop easier to deal with. more weight/surface to cut through the choppy sections. tradeoff is maneuverability. my 6'1" has a swallow tail as well so it's really loose in the turns. kinda outa' control sometimes but fun to play around with :) i'm an idiot like that.

and i refuse to get a longboard.

i'm in a lotta pain, but what a great fuckin' weekend.

in most ways at least ;)


alohas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home