Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

11.07.2005

prep

sooooo i have my GRE tomorrow. i took a practice test and got a 710 on math and 570 verbal...the math's pretty much what my SAT's were i think, the math, however, HAHA. dumb mistakes. ended up actually being rushed at the end 'cause i got pissed off at one question i couldn't figure out by algebra but found an answer plugging and chugging...and spent two minutes on it trying to make the algebra work....oops. the whole "can't go back" thing...meh. now i know. a day before the test :)

i'm debating how much i actually want to read about taking the essay part...that's the one part i haven't hit yet. prolly take one more practice test and get a good night's sleep.

either way, looked up scores and even the ones i got on that first one weren't far from most averages i found. above most of the averages i found. and oh, yeah, nobody at UH seems to give a shit WHAT my scores are. gotta love how Columbia University speaks for itself, no? I used to wonder if i would've been better off saving myself and my parents the money and attended a cheaper school...i know now that going to columbia and working hard IS paying off now, though. that's a lotta cheese but hey, it's true. i got my old job almost exclusively based on my B+ average at columbia, and no doubt got most of my job interviews based on that as well. my work experience at that point wasn't exactly impressive...

i guess i'll have something to teach my kids someday.


scribble

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home