Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

10.10.2005

call time

i'm one'a those people who always looks at the "call time" at the end of a phone call. even our house phone has one now. i've told you (whoever "you" is) what an introvert i was as a kid...and despite what people think these days i never did lose that feeling of general social awkwardness. so, as a result, i look at the call times at the end of a phone call and i'm proud of myself. sincerely proud of myself.

something about being able to just carry a conversation on is a big thing to me. interesting to me how our childhoods can still have such a strong effect on our lives after this long and through so many changes. could be because it's something that i just DECIDED to changea bout myself. and i worked at it, and (at least i think) i've gotten much better at it. i look at other parts (accomplishments) of my life and a lot of them come naturally. i'm good at math. i'm good at science. i'm relatively athletic. hell i'm even a little artistic. and i've achieved acedemic honors, sports recognition, made a lotta money doing pottery...and still i'm more proud of the fact that i can talk to someone over the phone for 20 minutes about...nothing. and it's fun. and i feel like the other person is enjoying it.

such simple things to make life worth living....


ringring

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home