Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

4.05.2006

cold lonely night on the pisser

so i decided since my girlfriend dumped me and i shouldn't be drinking too much during the week that i'm gonna start playing guitar again. a while back i mentioned i got a marshall MG30 off craigslist for $75 and the things sounds fuckin' SWEEEEET. 30 watts, i think an 8inch speaker. at quarter volume i'm pretty sure i start pissing off my neighbors, heh heh. good thing i suck at guitar.

i usually end up playing through the headphones, though, it has an emulated headphone output. it also has a CD in but the gain on it is fuckin' weak as hell so i just discovered tonight that i can put my earbuds on my mp3 player on, and then my big headphones from the amp on OVER them!!! so stupid, but it works. and i don't have to piss anyone off or play really really quietly, haha. i really just can't play softly, i dunno what it is about me. i lose the beat....(christian and scott know me...they were always telling me to turn my goddamn amp down, haha).

so yeah, i'm psyched, my hand fuckin' hurts, my fingertips are numb...oh well, don't have to worry about calluses anymore ;)

here's my jam list:

1. Fenix Tx - Ordinary World (4:04)
2. wise crack - come undone (4:02)
3. Reel Big Fish - Kiss Me Deadly-Lita Ford (3:40)
4. Reel Big Fish - Take On Me (3:01)
5. Reel Big Fish & Save Ferris - She Has A Girlfriend Now (3:06)
6. Reel Big Fish - - Beer (3:30)
7. The Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright (2:59)
8. Homegrown - Surfer Girl (4:31)
9. Foo Fighters - All My Life (4:45)
10. Dramarama - Anything, Anything (3:25)
11. Linkin Park - Anything, Anything (3:33)

'bout a 40 minute workout, not bad. usually end up repeating a few of them as i'm trying to figure out how to actually solo instead of just be loud and obnoxious. much like my singing.

that dramarama song "anything, anything" has been on my mind for DAYS. whenever that happens i'll just listen to that song over and over 'till it starts bugging me and i put it back in a playlist...but i've been playing that song for TWO DAYS on my mp3 player on repeat and i still love it. i've heard it in my head for years but only decided to download it a week ago when i remembered some'a the lines and it struck a chord with my current situation *sigh*:

**
Oh, gee, what is it tonight?
At least just tell me what the hell is wrong,
Do you want to eat, do you want to sleep, do you want to drown?
Just settle down, settle down, settle down...
I'll give you give candy, give you diamonds, give you pills,
Give you anything you want, hundred dollar bills,
I'll even let you watch the shows you want to see,
Just marry me, marry me, marry me...

I'm so sick of you tonight,
You never stay awake when I get home,
Is something wrong with me, something wrong with you?
I really wish I knew, wish I knew, wish I knew...
I'll give you candy, give you diamonds, give you pills,
Give you anything you want, hundred dollar bills,
I even let you watch the shows you want to see,
Because you married me, married me, married me...

When I was young I learned a game,
Where love and happiness were the same,
Now I'm older and I don't play,
I found out the hardest way,
I got wasted, she got mad, called me names and she called her dad,
He got crazy and I did too, wondered what I did to you.

I'll give you candy, give you diamonds, give you pills,
Give you anything you want, hundred dollar bills,
I even let you hear the songs I want to sing,
I'll give you anything, anything, anything...
I'll give you anything, anything, anything
**



jam

1 Comments:

  • At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's because CMP had fuckin' weak bass amps that kept breaking down because people had to play them too hard. You need like 10x the wattage on a bass amp to compete with a 1x guitar amp. Probably has something to do with poor speaker efficiency in the bass range and human ears rolling off down there. I still listen to that stuff we used to play.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home