Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

12.07.2007

hellweeks

interesting how having only one class can bring so much stress....yay.

finished the hardest (and more important) part though, had to give a seminar to fulfill my seminar credit for my Master's. my thesis defense will look very similar anyway so it's work i won't have to do later for that. solidified a job/RAship for next semester too which is sweet, and broke it to my supporters finally that i'm not gonna be working with them once i'm done. don't think they expected me too, but still, kinda weird since i'll probably be moving like..100ft. away. and they keep talkin' about continuing on with MY work with some other chinese guy that'll probably have horrible english as well....

i don't know if it's just me, but i get REALLY annoyed hearing people around me talk in a different language constantly. especially in a lab setting where we're supposed to be a sort of team, my advisor and our postdoc never speak english to each other. we've had lab meetings where our postdoc couldn't explain something and had to say it in chinese to have it translated. and now they're getting this other guy (sounds like another postdoc) come in from china? i mean, i completely understand diversifying, but i can't even have a conversation with our postdoc. i tried. he couldn't even understand me when i was trying to tell him my seminar was in twenty minutes.

i wonder about the whole equal rights opportunities and shit...being a university setting, i do believe these jobs are supposed to be posted to give the opportunity to anyone out there. so far this postdoc hasn't impressed me with anything, i bet there are many other qualified people out there who can do it. whiiiich pisses me off even more. seems very selfish (which i've always thought of my advisor).

again, in hawaii, it's not what you know, but who you know...

and speaking of which, who keeps lookin' me up from Hilo? helloooooo?

either way, final on monday morning, oral final (same class) wednesday morning. two short papers after that (writing up seminar notes, easy) and i am DOOOOOONE!

my chemical romance on dec. 14th
sister comes in 21st i think

life will be fun. i'll have to do some work throughout break, but it's minor.

booyah kabooyah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home