Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

4.15.2003


last saturday at our pickup on riverside, i found (in the mud) a weighted black queen from a chess board. 'weighted' just means that there's a weight at the bottom of it so it's really heavy on the bottom as opposed to the top....it's from a good quality standard type of chess set that i actually recognize. either way, it reminded me of bobby fischer, where he found that marble knight and lawrence fishburne wanted to trade him the baseball for the chess piece and he didn't want to.

and now i want to play chess....it's something i've been into off and on. in high school my brother was the president of the chess club...as well as my ride home (he's three years older than me) so i just joined too since i had to wait around for him anyway. i wasn't good, but i wasn't bad. regardless, it involves a lotta experience, and i'd like to play more. i'd totally like to go down to washington square park some weekend and challenge one'a those guys :) it'd be fun.

so yeah, anyone wanna play some chess with me? or...a lotta chess?

off to sizzle for me

be back late...


happy birthday kix!!!


alohas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home