Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

7.03.2003

tomorrow comes today

ever hear that gorillaz song? it's really cool...and takes a hell of a stereo system to play it correctly :) it shakes the hell outa' my car. it's pretty funny when my speakers and amps are fine playing something...but a song is so deep that it fuckin' rattles everything in the car. it's pretty easy to make a rearview mirror rattle...but when it vibrates so much you can't see shit out of it....in tempo...it's pretty weird. now SIDE mirrors, those are kinda hard to get visibly moving, but i manage, heh heh.

i'm gonna go deaf. i actually did a frequency test once and i can still hear past 19kHz (normal human hearing is up to 20k) and my sister, who always had the best ears (she played violin) could only hear up to 18k. my dad, at 56 years old, can only hear like...14k. it's interesting that i can hear that high...but the i'm pretty certain my 'volume' so to speak (i don't know the technical term) that i can hear is lower than normal. i can always pass the hearing exam, with 'average' ratings, but i can tell it's not quite as good as it used to be.

i also wonder if i have some kind of learning/social disorder 'cause although i can always 'hear' people talk, and usually when i get confused what they're saying i can even hear the sounds in my head....but i have lots of problems sometimes decoding mumbles i can't understand. you know, like, when someone says something and it doesn't quite register...that happens a lot to me. one of those happened where someone asked if i was deaf and i, tragically, said, "what?" almost instinctively as i tried to figure it out...which i did...and kicked myself. but yeah, i started noticing this a lot more in college where i hear slightly different accents and such. i also SUCK at figuring out indian accents, good god. i started wondering if it was some kind of social disability since for most of elementary school i was a recluse. curious *shrugs*

or i could just be getting masochistic again and eager to apply some sort of 'disability' to myself :) always possible.

on the other hand, i, myself, tend to mumble a lot. my mom can't stand it 'cause according to her i'm the ONLY one she can never understand. i am guilty as charged...i kinda do it uncosciously. sometimes my lips can't quite move as fast as my mind and i just blurt out these jumbles of words too quickly and it turns into a string of syllables instead of separated words. or when i think someone isn't listening i just start talking to myself anyway :)

hope 3rd of july was good at ctown :) man was that an adventure last year. thanks again, christian, for the craziest fuckin' 4th i've ever had (and possibly the greatest ever). i think tomorrow night me and the parents are going down to ala moana to watch some music on a stage they set up and watch the fireworks off magic island. we've done it a lot, it's a good time, granted i hate most of the music. they sometimes have some cooler shows though. i've always loved taiko drumming (japanese style of group-drumming on these great drums....almost like a dance) and they do that almost every year. should be a good time. i was contemplating trying to get a party together sometime this weekend...but my friends are all being lame and after years and years of being the one to call THEM, i'm giving up. gets kind of disheartening. it's usually pretty easy for me to amuse myself, anyway.

i'm goin' surfing this weekend....a lot.

mmm...movies to see, full throttle, pirates of the carribbean, t3, good shit

they should make a movie called good shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home