Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

1.15.2004

shock video
so many naked people in this show....



heh, i love shock video.

either way, today i acidentally got my mom started about my mom and dad...oops. either way i eventually decided to actually 'talk' to her instead of let her talk. managed not to completely piss her off, that's good, but in the end...i feel exactly like i did before about the whole thing...interesting.

well, not EXACTLY...now i'm even more convinced my mom's depressed. my dad deals fine because he's always been fine alone and doesn't "always" need someone to talk to all the time. guess who i take after....

meh. did have an interesting experience at dinner, though. today was my dad's birthday...i successfully convinced my mother to come along (she was reluctant)...but in the end...the goddamn power went out! we had a windstorm today (50mph gusts sometimes i think) that knocked off a lotta the windward side this morning...and i think the power spike in the evening when everyone came home to turn on their tv's blew something and blacked out all of hawaii kai. we were at a restaurant that overlooked the busiest intersection in hawaii kai and could see much of the town (it's kinda high) into a few valleys. either way, without street lights this intersection was CRAZY. haha. there're two left turn lanes off this the highway onto another road.....and those two lanes were clearly dominating traffic flow, it was pretty funny. everything just trying to go straight (out of hawaii kai) got stuck 'cause everyone was making a left off the highway (kalanianaole highway if you're curious...i'll pronounce it for you if you ask). amazingly nobody crashed...even though there were a few ass holes who would just GO, disrupting the otherwise peaceful exchange...and it was peaceful, surprisingly. eventually there would be some good heart in the line that would stop and let some other bunch of people go.

either way, from up high through a big glass window, it was really cool. in the end we got soup, bread and a few drinks and decided to call it quits. the power had come back on TWICE...for af ew minutes...but then went out again and finally stayed out. we came home and i found myself readin gby candlelight and the power finally came back on...maybe a total of 2 hours out. not bad...but i really wanted to eat there :( awesome food. we'll go back.

thinking again about the friends i have around here...the list dwindles s'more....yay. now that everyone my age has gone back to school for the semester the only people here that i talk to are cat and kaipo. cat's two years older than me, kaipo graduated with me but goes to UH. kaips is a surf buddy, but a lot better than me so he goes to breaks i can't handle a lot. cat has been drama for me since like, frosh year in high school, but possibly the easiset person to talk to in my life. as long as we're not talking about what's "between us"...haha. damn girl always has a boyfriend...damnit. next year's going to be interesting...if i manage to get across the country. funny how this is the second time i'll be moving and the second time i'm realizing i'm not the person i want to be. maybe i should just plan to move ever few years so i'll be forced to rethink myself....but that could seriously decimate my list of friends throughout the years. or....just strengthen it, no matter how big. i suppose the best friends are the ones who i'll still talk with after a number of changes...no?

i've decided not to call all the people "i know" around hawaii this time around. yeah it would be nice to hang out...catchup and what not...but these are the people i feel like i might just be doing them a favor...so they don't have to pretend to enjoy talking to me. might be something else from my childhood but it takes a lot to convince me...and to force me convince myself....that someone really enjoys my company. i didn't get that much in highschool. i get it a lot more these days, which makes me feel better (one step closer?). i've always been the one to call everyone up and stuff...i figure either these people are either waiting for me to call or just aren't that interested in seeing me *shrugs*. i like to think that if they did they'd just call....so this time i'm leaving it at that. since i don't know when i'll be coming back to hawaii again...this may sever my ties with them completely....and for once that seems okay...

humans weren't made to travel so much...

i'm gonna try and drink myself to sleep now. surf it off tomorrow i guess.


poop




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home