Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

5.10.2005

marriage

my cousin got married on sunday :) it was a nice wedding. short and sweet, actually...with awesome food and an open bar to follow, haha. vanessa (my sis) came home, as did a few of my other cousins spread out around the mainland. good to see them. 'nother wedding on may 28th, ultimate friends. high school friend getting married in maryland sometime soon (i can't go), and two columbia weddings in august (brian/meghann, vix/graham). this is kinda weird, i feel like i'm getting old...but a small consolation is that all of them ARE a bit older than i am (yay!).

also weird since my parents are finally taking the steps to get a divorce. *sigh*. my dad left the house a year ago...they weren't ready to do it for good until a little while ago, though. i think they'll be happier this way.

of course all this has me a little contemplative as of late. how can i not be? for the first time in my life i'm not struggling to keep a relationship alive. i mean sure, there are bumps in the road, but healthy ones so far (whaddaya think, tam?). i'm too young to seriously consider marriage methinks, but with all this surrounding me right now it crosses my mind from time to time. scary. my parents have been married for...28 years...i've been ALIVE for 22. not ready for a decision of those magnitudes just yet. lol, i DO of course need a job at the moment, too.

speaking of which i have a meeting with an employer late this afternoon. i'm pretty sure it's to receive a formal employment offer. woohooo! i like this company...cedric d.o. chong and associates...they do electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and fireproofing. big company in hawaii, and i like my would-be-bosses (they interviewed me). great benefits, too. so i'm pretty psyched. as long as they give me a DECENT amount of money (which i'm confident of) i'll most likely take it. it's time i get back to work...i've enjoyed my unpaid vacation :)


*sigh* i'm gonna take mom and vaness surfing. always fun.

jk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home