Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

5.16.2005

shit shit shit

car is still dead...but a neighbor suggested a simpler problem that sounds more probable, more later.

cell phone is dead. true to form, i jumped in a jacuzzi on saturday night in a short labcoat, red satin slip, embroidered stockings, a nurse's cap and hooker red lipstick...with my cellphone in my pocket.

fuckall. spent a chunk of today taking it apart and cleaning everything i could find. i'd soaked it in isopropyl when it happened after taking the battery out...alcohol evaporates faster than water, even diluted alcohol. seems to have dried it out pretty quickly but unfortunately the alcohol ate at some of the plastic. the screen (not the LCD, the cover) went white and some of my buttons are white now (used to be clear). trying to see if i can replace them...warranty doesn't cover 'moisture'...service warranty might work. we'll see. on first trial it seems to work...but 1,2, and 3 don't work...and some of my keyboard buttons don't work (LG F9100 with a slide out qwerty keyboard)...and by don't work i mean they perform other functions, haha. fuckall.


aaaand got my formal offer. instead of 30k they overed me 38k. crap. you'd think i'd be happy but it makes me reconsider more. i'm PRETTY sure grad school still looks better. but instead of 90% sure i'm 80% sure. good odds, still. i think it'll make me much happier in the long run.

good weekend. ultimate. alcohol. friends. cross dressing.


toodles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home