Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

10.21.2003



limp

music: Fiona Apple "when the pawn..."
volume: 5


for some reason this evening felt sooooo refreshingly long. finished class, laid around, did an acis job, ate, napped, golfed (w/ the unicycle), more laying around....so relaxing. i almost forgot that i have two midterms on thursday....hah.

still clenching my jaws though...my body knows it.

i was almost COMPLETELY fucked when...at 4am, "unfaithful" comes on hbo. ooooh man i was gonna throw the remote into the screen....but instead i just hit record :) keep forgetting that thing is there. so, now i'll have it on tape and i can watch whenever i want :) score.

i don't understand how diane lane is STILL SO HOT.

lots happening in the next few days. lotsa studying. my brother's in town and i'll probably get dinner with him tomorrow...friday my sister's taking me to the continental arena to see the boom boom huck jam, this show being put on my tony hawk and friends...all kinds of x-games baddassness with light and fire and music, should be sufficiently FUCKING AMAZING. i'm psyched. then this weekend i'm off to UMASS.

i'm just gonna sleep for about three days after that methinks....

and some sad news :( i got a message from my mom that my great grandmother passed away back home. she was 100 years old...amazing woman. she was half hawaiian half black (technically 'braba'...this emancipated slave tribe on the cape verde islands off pourtugal...but they were from africa). in her younger years she was over six feet tall and NOT a woman you'd want to mess with. i remember my mom telling me some of the stories about her that just amazed me at how strong she was. she lived about as far from us as you can on o`ahu and we never really saw much of her. she's been senile as long as i can remember and one of her daughters got the house next door to her and has taken care of her for years. she'd been in the hospital for a long time and my aunty elizabeth (her daughter) finally took her off the machines and took her home. my mom said she probably wasn't in any pain. she was always happy when i saw her, and she was always happy to have any visitors. she remembered my mom but never remembered us...but still welcomed us as family instantly. it was always amazing to me that this wonderful woman has gone through so much...and here she is giving her great grandchild who she doesn't even remember mangos from her backyard :)



god bless, tutu



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home