Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

8.31.2004

candy and music

so as far as i know i'm the only person here who brings a bag to work. what do i have in that bag? candy and music. i rarely listen to my cd's at home anymore since i have such a massive collection on my computer...so i listen to all my cd's in the car and at work. i started bringin' my bigass headphones to work since i usually get this big projects that take me days to do and nobody ever really 'needs' to talk to me so it doesn't matter much. either way, yeah, i've been listening to all my old cd's one by one, almost running out. today under my passenger car seat i found smashing pumpkin's "siamese dream", one of the GREATEST fuckin' albums ever produced.

one song in particular, number 8 "Greek USA" i think is one of the most amazing arangements ever made. as usual, i have no idea what he's saying 'cause you can barely understand him an di barely ever listen to lyrics anyway...but musically the song's amazing, and i had to look it up 'cause i was wondering what the title was and found out that the album was produced by Butch Vig! he's one'a the 'artists' in Garbage. i say artist 'cause they're a weird band. they're all producers except shirley manson (the hot dutch singer). i'd imagine they all play all instruments, but butch vig is the dude with the long hair on guitar and drums sometimes i think....

i thought that was pretty fuckin' cool, especially since siamese dream is the album that shot smashing pumpkins into the mainstream...at least i'm pretty sure (MTV-wise at least w/ today, rocket and disarm).

okay...just thougth i'd share. lunchtime :)

and btw...i heal fast. i think i might go surfing tomorrow...


i smell like spray paint.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home