Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

8.08.2005

sometimes wish i'd never been born at all

so on friday night i went out to this local bar/grill with my mom and some of her coworkers. interesting smattering of people (women), mostly around 25-25 yrs. old. two other guys showed up later and i felt a little less awkward, but whatever. i'm no stranger to feeling awkward in a social situation.

either way...i think i spent $10 all night and we ate pupus (appetizers) 'till we were all full and drank 'till we were all drunk (including the birthday girl...). apparently some girl's husband owns a car dealership and bought about four rounds when we all should've stopped.

EITHER way. this bar's set up for karaoke. always fun. i successfully manage to pass the mic on for most of the time...and one'a the dude's turns to me and goes, "you know freddy so-and-so, right?" to which i reply, "no, but i know freddy mercury."

my last mistake.

he (unknowing to me) orders bohemian rhapsody and about two drinks later i get a mic. they make me stand up. one girl's acting out my words. another girl's filling in on the other mic. aaaaand i'm drunk with my mom. in case you don't remember, my volume is directly proportional to my blood alcohol level...haha. i got everyone's attnetion in the bar and i got a wonderful applause after. it was a lot of fun, i must say, even though i didn't know anyone there. it's such a nice feeling to make complete strangers smile.


on another random note, came across goose's blog about Monty. jesus christ you fuckers are geeks. not that i should really talk....

the only thing that came to mind was a text conversation between two people trying to write story line by line taking turns...and at some point all the guy can say is, "maybe i should pick SOME OTHER FUCKING TEA." i find that i'm so much quicker to find things tedious these days. i need to get my mind working again...i'm fuckin' lazy.

and i think i might've fractured my wrist...that would be kind of interesting considering i don't actually know how i did it. i only realized it hurt after our game...and i couldn't pick up the beer coooler to bring it back to my car when the cops came. then i couldn't even use it to turn the steering wheel. and thinking back i can't for the life of me remember falling on it.


fuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home