Burn it Off

my self-inflicted panopticon failed.

5.30.2003



seemingly so

so, as i always knew, there's nothing to do in hawai`i at night *shrugs*. mostly when you're not twenty one at least. i could say i "really can't wait" and "i'm gonna go fuckin' nuts" but after i've been drinking so long, and lately haven't even been drinking that much, i dunno if it's gonna be all i've expected for the past....five? six years? hah. we'll see (july 27th for all interested in trying to fuck me up like most people do on my birthdays...fuckers....last year was awesome : ) hmm...maybe i should talk about last year. i was in new york last summer and ON my birthday, there was some hat tourney or something so all the ultimate peeps were gone so i'd told my sister i wasn't really planning on doing anything. i never really cared about birthdays...thinking back....i don't really remember my childhood birthday parties. i stopped having them real young...i was a really happy kid...but 'reclused' (is that a word?) at some point...not sure when that was. wasn't really interetsed in other people.

nevermind, i've talked about this before, i won't start again. so last year, on my brithday, my cousin was randomly in town so me and my sister had dinner with her, her fiance, and HIS older sister (who my brother may or may not be after...heh heh...weird). after dinner, we head to amcaff where, much to my surprise, christian, drew, nick and yang are there waiting for me at my sister's invitation. that was very nice of her, and a nice surprise :) we had a nice time, just chillin', drinkin', talkin'. the next tuesday night, however, all the ultimate peeps heard it was my birthday and decided to take me to the west end. ....i got really trashed but i remember rachel, karen, duke, corey, penny, marissa...um...yeah i was pretty trashed. duke started off the craziness with a ROUND of shots (he bought like twelve, so i forgot a lot of people), oh makiko was there, so yeah, we had lots of ROUNDS of tequila. people kept buying me shit. we did a lot of rounds of tequila body shots (fun shit...i keep forgetting to get those started at parties)....and yeah, i was TRASHED. at some point i left like a four minute message on my sister's cell phone that i don't remember...halfway through which i tell the voicemail, 'hold on' and i chase someone around the bar....so i'm told. then we play footsie because i had no shoes that day (i arrived on campus with rollerblades) and went home with corey's slippers, corey went home with rachel's funky shoes....or something or other. they gave me $8 for a cab (i had it clenched in my fist like my life depended on it) i caught one going the wrong way, somehow managed to get my address to the dude and got home...really late.

THEN i woke up THREE HOURS LATER and went to work for the day. i got there still drunk, but that faded and i wasn't even hungover...i felt good even! turns out most of the girls had some of the worst hangovers of their lives. kix told me a while ago that was the worst she'd ever had..i wonder if that's still true? it was a great night...and thank you all...especially the ones i dont' remember! sorry! but yeah, they were on a mission....and they accomplished it pretty well.

and on the flip side...my grad party and a party i had after my frosh year here at home started a 'tradition' of near-july 4th parties for me....which i had a number of people asking about last year. i unfortunately had to tell them that i had no ticket home that year, and another friend kaipo kauka took over the duty...i'm still wondering if i should start that up again. got a friend in maui who already said he'd fly back for it ;) one thing about my parties, get ono kine grinds....every time.

beer and milk shakes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home